Building a solid business reputation is important to your overall success. If you fail to do this, customers will not trust your brand, and they will instead do business with the competitors. Things are bound to happen occasionally, and it’s important that you know as much as possible about reputation management. Here are some stress free do it yourself online reputation management tactics to protect your business.
- Host contests to help bolster your reputation online. This is especially important if you have received a bad review. A contest will create a lot of positive information about your company which can help increase your company’s exposure online. This technique will also help raise your page rank on Internet search engines.
- Establishing a strong presence in social media will help improve the reputation of your business. Creating a Twitter account, blog or Facebook page will help your interaction with prospects and customers. Nowadays, most people expect companies to have a social media presence. This is a great way to post relevant contents about your company and monitor what it’s being said.
- Create a mailing list. Make signing up for your mailing list fast and simple. To help bolster you mailing list offer a coupon or other incentive to encourage signing up. As an added bonus, you can increase your mailing list by offering a coupon for referrals. This can be a free small product or a cost saving coupon.
- The best way to manage your company’s reputation online is by being aware of what’s being said about it. Staying in the loop is essential in order to nip any negative buzz in the bud. You can do this by having Google Alerts on the name of your company or hiring a company to monitor this for you.
- When you have a business, it is very important that you establish a process to handle reviews that are negative. Always respond to negative reviews properly and quickly; otherwise, your silence can come across as indifference. Also, it is just as important to acknowledge any positive reviews with appreciation and reinforcement.
- Social media can sometimes seem like it gets out of hand if you’re not looking. It can blow up in a good way, but the wrong people can gain access to the wrong things or put something out there that makes you look bad. So, you don’t want the liberties of social media showing your business up.
- Always remember that there is no way to please everyone. There are many business owners that get so discouraged when they get negative feedback that they allow it to mold the shape of their business. While it doesn’t feel good to see negative things about you, do not allow it to get you down.
- Pay attention to the reputation your business has offline. Your offline reputation will make its way into the online world. If negative content on your company becomes a trend, you need to know why. Treat all your clients and customers well and urge the happy ones to leave positive reviews on sites like Yelp.
- Make sure you know your rights. You don’t have let the reputation of your business go down due to a persistent fake reviewer. Familiarize yourself with the terms of service and policy of every site and learn what your legal recourse is. In cases of slander, defamation, or malicious intent, you might need to contact an attorney.
Equipped with the tips that you just read, it’s time for you to really get a grasp on what it means to keep up a reliable business reputation. Managing this reputation will see many other positive things happen to your business. You just have to build trust with your customer base and keep working hard.
If you’d rather forgo do it yourself online reputation management then you can hire me to manage your internet reputation. I offer reputation management services that can help you start a reputation, repair a reputation, or maintain a reputation. I will monitor online activity for you, and help you both avoid and fight a negative reputation.